You will learn to:
- Analyze different settings in the definition, planning and control phases of infrastructure construction, making use of your knowledge of physics, mathematics and construction management.
- Define and assess the main factors influencing infrastructure construction, in order to determine a project’s technical, legal and administrative feasibility.
- Pursue entrepreneurial undertakings in the construction industry based on leadership of multidisciplinary teams, ethics and social responsibility.
- Use oral and written communication in the context of construction and infrastructure project management and execution, in order to generate indicators for project planning and control, train teams, manage personnel and negotiate construction projects.
Upon graduation, you may be employed as a:
- Resident engineer
- Supervisor engineer
- Construction manager
- Project manager
- Procurement Manager
- Infrastructure Manager
- Advisor and consultant to construction companies
As a Construction Engineering major at USIL, you will experience:
Being involved in construction engineering from the start
Starting in the first semester, you will take courses in your major.
Bilingual and entrepreneurship education
The curriculum for the program includes English language courses and courses required for this major taught in English, for the purpose of producing bilingual professionals capable of carrying out projects anywhere in the world. You will also take business management courses to develop the skills required to start your own business.
Modern engineering laboratories
On the USIL campus in Pachacámac, there are 4 modern laboratories equipped with the latest technology where students majoring in Construction Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Water Engineering have practical classes, conduct research and carry out civil projects:
- Soil and Pavement Laboratory
- Construction Materials Laboratory
- Hydraulic Laboratory
- Surveying Laboratory
DISNEY INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS
Exclusive program that allows you to participate in a work and cultural exchange at Disney theme parks.
DUAL DEGREE PROGRAM WITH SAN IGNACIO UNIVERSITY (USA)
You can also graduate with a bachelor’s degree from San Ignacio University in Miami, Florida, which will increase your employment opportunities.
At USIL, you will belong to an ecosystem of entrepreneurship. Therefore, over the course of your studies, you will take Business Management courses and you will be able to create your own startup, with guidance and support from the USIL Center for Entrepreneurship and USIL Ventures, a startup accelerator.
We have instructors with professional experience in their field, as well as master’s and doctoral degrees.
USIL has more than 255 international partnerships with renowned universities on every continent, which enable its students to participate in academic, cultural and work-related exchanges in different countries.
BE INVOLVED IN BUILDING THE FUTURE
You can play a part in the construction of a better country for everyone!
- The estimated infrastructure gap in Peru through the year 2025 amounts to US$ 150 billion.
- 600 major real estate projects are planned nationwide for the year 2018, according to the Asociación de Desarrolladores Inmobiliarios del Perú (Peruvian Association of Real Estate Developers).
- 50 of these new projects are to be carried out in Lima.
- 177 public investment projects in our country are forecasted for 2017 and 2018.
- Geotechnical Design
- Structural Design