With the knowledge of business management you will acquire, you will be capable of undertaking culinary projects and managing events, taking into account key aspects such as nutrition, sustainability and social responsibility. With your bilingual USIL education, you will be prepared to take advantage of opportunities to study and work for prestigious institutions abroad.
To produce the top culinary professionals in the region, adhering to the institutional mission. Excellence, leadership, professionalism, ethics and respect for diversity are the principal values that guide our efforts. We teach our students the general knowledge and specific skills necessary to live a successful life and grow in different positions of influence and leadership in our society and in the international industry.
What will you be able to do?
- You will be in charge of creating innovative options and culinary trends.
- You will incorporate high sanitary and nutritional standards in your work.
- You will master traditional and advanced culinary skills.
- You will be an executive chef with the mission of leading, organizing and supervising food production for different companies or your own business.
- You will be capable of creating unforgettable sensory experiences for diners.
You will make a difference
Internships in Peru
The Culinary Arts program has an internship program in Peru that will allow you to obtain hands-on training at prestigious companies.
- Don Ignacio Restaurant and Di Café & Gourmet Store
You will be able to do an internship at Don Ignacio Restaurant and Di Café & Gourmet Store, two first-class establishments pertaining to the San Ignacio de Loyola Education Corporation, where you will gain varied work experience by rotating through the food production and customer service areas.
- Internship at JW Marriot
Our Internship at the Marriott program will enable you to do a paid, six-month internship at the JW Marriott hotels in Lima or Cusco. You will also be able to earn academic credit for special courses taught at the hotel.
- Semester in Cusco
This exclusive program allows you to spend a semester doing an internship at companies in the hospitality industry in the city of Cusco, taking online courses as well.
Areas of Professional Endeavor
- Executive chef
- Kitchen chef
- Home-service or personal chef
- Restaurant production manager
- Kitchen and nutrition area manager at clinics, hospitals and other institutions
- Culinary consultant
- Event and banquet organizer
- Developer of agro-industrial products
- Peruvian Cuisine
- Event Management
- Chocolates and Confections