Entrepreneurship and Business Development
As a graduate of the Entrepreneurship and Business Development program, you will specialize in starting and running companies, with sound knowledge of management, especially in the areas of entrepreneurship, marketing and finance.
You will also be able to manage change and take advantage of opportunities, establishing ties with different agents of society. You will be capable of operating globally and efficiently, running your own business or working in any area of different organizations, fostering a culture of entrepreneurship, sustainable development and competitiveness.
What will you be able to do?
- You will be capable of short, medium and long-term strategic planning for an organization or work area, establishing expected outcomes and the means to achieve them.
- You will be able to design structures and processes that make it possible to distribute the activities necessary to implement the planning process in an organization or work area, allocating resources and optimizing the use of time and money.
- You will be able to use your social skills to influence work teams, motivating them to achieve goals and results in line with the structures and processes of the organization or work area.
- You will be able to evaluate performance, processes, activities and results qualitatively and quantitatively, in order to propose and execute actions for improvement, taking into account the internal and external context.
- You will be capable of proposing business models based on detection of market opportunities. You will be able to prepare and analyze a business plan in order to achieve company goals.
As a USIL student, you will have the support of areas and/or entities specialized in business management, including:
- USIL Center for Entrepreneurship (CEUSIL): Coordinates all entrepreneurial activities in the university’s academic programs, incubating companies formed by students.
- PROBIDE: A not-for-profit association whose objective is to foster entrepreneurship in Peru. It has a number of programs that provide support to small and very small enterprises.
- USIL Entrepreneurs’ Club: A space created for students, in order to accompany entrepreneurs along their challenging road to success, training and educating them to make their ideas reality.
Areas of Professional Endeavor
- Founder of companies based on business models supported by a business plan
- Leader of a working team to promote innovation, intrapreneurship and entrepreneurship based on market opportunities.
- Formulator and evaluator of business projects.
- Efficient manager of a company, working with professionalism in the areas of finance, accounting, marketing, operations, logistics and human resources.
- Promoter of an entrepreneurial, innovative business culture for the country’s development.
- International Business