The USIL Business and Systems Engineering program shapes professionals that develop skills and new knowledge in order to efficiently and effectively link business and information technologies, with skills for managing innovative business models, through project management with the support of process management.
Graduates of the Business and Systems Engineering program may hold the positions of:
• Process Manager – Leads processes that serve for the design, development and implementation of a company’s information systems.
• IT Manager – Is in charge of the administration, organization and operation of a company’s information technology area.
• IT Consultant - Professional who gives advice in order to improve business processes using information technologies.
• Project Manager - Person responsible for planning and executing a project involving information technologies and processes.
For the purpose of increasing their professional competitiveness, participants develop and build on general and specific competencies over the course of their studies.
• Plans information systems and collaboration, formulating strategies for the organization to achieve its objectives.
• Designs effective business processes using information technology applications for domestic and international organizations.
• Manages information technology projects, aligning them with the organization’s strategy in order to achieve established goals.
• Guides and supervises high-performance teams, promoting good practices in order to achieve corporate objectives.
Communicates clearly and effectively using verbal, nonverbal and writing skills, making good use of information and communication technologies in personal and professional situations.
Has a good command of English, using the four linguistic skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) at a pre-intermediate level, according to the standards established by the Common European Framework of Reference, using simple and compound structures in personal and professional situations.
Defends positions based on criteria, arguments and evaluations applicable to different contexts for decision making or problem solving.
Makes use of his/her self-knowledge, independence and social commitment in order to become an active agent in the construction of the person he/she aspires to be and to transform his/her global environment.
Manages resources efficiently, effectively and ethically in a dynamic and competitive environment, contributing to the country’s sustainable development.