The Industrial Engineering program shapes future leading, innovative professionals with decision-making capacity in the management of business processes geared toward a company’s operations, from inbound logistics, production and distribution through the launch of the product or service in the market.
An industrial engineer designs and evaluates systems made up of assets and human capital, optimizing work methods.
Graduates of the Industrial Engineering program may hold the positions of:
- Process Manager – Manages business processes involving people, information, equipment and supplies, with emphasis on increased productivity and improved quality of goods and services.
- Operations Manager – Is in charge of the administration and organization of the operations area of a company.
- Process Consultant - Professional who gives advice in order to improve the business processes of a company dedicated to providing a service or product.
For the purpose of increasing their professional competitiveness, participants develop and build on general and specific competencies over the course of their studies.
- Plans and organizes processes for the production and commercialization of goods and services, for the purpose of achieving efficiency and effectiveness, so that the organization can achieve its objectives.
- Proposes production operations, achieving greater productivity and more efficient use of resources in the domestic and international market.
- Executes operations involved in the production of goods and services, respecting the environment and looking out for society’s interests in domestic and international organizations.
Communicates clearly and effectively using verbal, nonverbal and writing skills, making good use of information and communication technologies in personal and professional situations.
Has a good command of English, using the four linguistic skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) at a pre-intermediate level, according to the standards established by the Common European Framework of Reference, using simple and compound structures in personal and professional situations.
Defends positions based on criteria, arguments and evaluations applicable to different contexts for decision making or problem solving.
Makes use of his/her self-knowledge, independence and social commitment in order to become an active agent in the construction of the person he/she aspires to be and to transform his/her global environment.
Manages resources efficiently, effectively and ethically in a dynamic and competitive environment, contributing to the country’s sustainable development.