The Accounting program shapes professionals who responsibly and ethically manage financial, economic and tax information for commercial, industrial and service enterprises, according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and International Financial Reporting Standards.
Accounting professionals are also prepared to hold the position of internal or external auditor of any type of company, and have the skills required to prepare and audit financial statements to be submitted to third parties, as well as to organize a company’s internal control system.
They are capable of developing strategic management models, based on knowledge of national tax, labor, and monetary legislation and financial codes, among other matters.
Graduates of the Accounting program may hold the positions of:
- Creator of an accounting information system for different organizations
- Analyst and advisor on accounting, tax, finance, costs and budgets
- Internal and/or external auditor of accounting and tax policies and procedures
- Manages accounting, tax and financial information in accordance with the economic environment and professional ethics in order to detect opportunities for improvement for the benefit of organizations and their stakeholders.
- Formulates commercial strategies according to national and international standards, in order to comply with legal and tax obligations.
- Formulates internal and external economic strategies according to company policy, in order to generate added value for customers.
- Prepares financial, management and information system reports according to internal, accounting and regulatory requirements in order to verify the accuracy of companies’ information.
Communicates clearly and effectively using verbal, nonverbal and writing skills, making good use of information and communication technologies in personal and professional situations.
Has a good command of English, using the four linguistic skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) at a pre-intermediate level, according to the standards established by the Common European Framework of Reference, using simple and compound structures in personal and professional situations.
Defends positions based on criteria, arguments and evaluations applicable to different contexts for decision making or problem solving.
Makes use of his/her self-knowledge, independence and social commitment in order to become an active agent in the construction of the person he/she aspires to be and to transform his/her global environment.
Manages resources efficiently, effectively and ethically in a dynamic and competitive environment, contributing to the country’s sustainable development.