Mission of the Program
To adhere to the institutional mission in the shaping of professionals capable of managing innovative, sustainable tourism projects and businesses that contribute to the country’s development
What will you be able to do?
- You will master the fundamentals of tourism and the different types of supply and demand, in order to build capacity for strategy development and management. You will also be able to conduct market research and contribute to the preservation and use of heritage tourism attractions that ensure the sustainability of tourism activity.
- You will be prepared to run tourism companies and develop projects for public or private organizations or NGOs in the national and international sphere.
- You will be able to do private consulting on tourism, with a thorough understanding of the characteristics and methodology required to offer competitive services in the market.
- You will engage in tourism promotion and marketing with extensive knowledge of the national and international market.
- You will be capable of managing cultural tourism projects based on your knowledge of the proper use and preservation of cultural heritage, management tools and the ways in which such projects benefit society.
- You will be able to manage nature tourism projects and companies, with emphasis on ecotourism and adventure tourism.
You will make a difference
Educational trips in Peru
In the USIL Tourism Administration program, you will follow a curriculum different from any other in Peru. Your class work will be complemented by field work, trips and excursions; you will travel around the country (Loreto, Piura, Pasco, Apurímac, Cusco, Ica, Madre de Dios, etc.) to see and evaluate its main tourist attractions, conducting market studies, dealing with local communities and participating in environmental conservation programs.
Semester in Cusco Program
The Semester in Cusco program allows you to do internships at national and international companies with operations in the city of Cusco, as you pursue your studies. In this manner, you will put theory into practice at the country’s number one tourist destination, establishing ties with representatives of industry associations, local authorities and successful businesspeople.
Strategic partnerships in Peru and throughout the world
As a participant in the Tourism Administration program, you will belong to a network of strategic partnerships in Peru and throughout the world with leading tourism institutions such as the Cámara Nacional de Turismo (CANATUR / National Chamber of Tourism), the Asociación de Hoteles, Restaurantes y Afines (AHORA / Association of Hotels, Restaurants and Related Businesses) and the Asociación Peruana de Turismo de Aventura y Ecoturismo (APTAE / Peruvian Association of Adventure and Ecotourism). In addition, the program is an associate member of the United Nations World Tourism Organization (WTO), a member of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council, and a co-founder of the Sustainable Tourism Certification Network of the Americas.
Areas of Professional Endeavor
- Tourism product and project developer
- Promoter of tourism companies
- Manager of tourism services
- Promoter of tourism spaces and destinations
- Private tourism consultant
- Promoter of cultural tourism
- Specialist in tourism marketing and promotion
- Promoter of nature and adventure tourism
- Tourism Marketing
- Cultural Tourism
- Nature and Adventure Tourism
- Tourism Service Operations